Thailand is one of Saab’s most significant global customers. At Defense & Security 2022 the company will display a unique range of solutions across all domains.
“Saab has been a partner to Thailand’s independent defence and security since the 1980s,” says Robert Björklund, Head of Saab Thailand, “and you can see unique Saab products and Swedish technology active and operational across every branch of the armed forces today. We are particularly proud of the national netcentric defence capabilities that we have built together with the Kingdom of Thailand and we are fully engaged in supporting and expanding this powerful asset for Thailand far into the future.”
At Defense & Security 2022 the Saab products on show include:
– The Gripen fighter, the world’s most advanced multi-role combat aircraft. Tested, proven, in production and ready to serve, Gripen is the most modern air combat system on the market today.
– Airborne Early Warning & Control. The fully-networked Erieye radar and mission system is at the cutting-edge of AEW&C technology. Saab continues to deliver new capabilities to support multi-domain operations today and tomorrow.
– Ground-Based Air Defence and Advanced Radar Systems. Saab’s deployed and mission-ready RBS 70 NG missile systems and lightweight Giraffe 1X air defence radars are the next-generation force in ground-based air defence (GBAD). Our Giraffe 4A and Arthur radar systems are part of a common technology family that provides protection in-depth for the armed forces and the whole nation.
– Ground Combat Systems. Saab’s battle-proven Carl Gustaf M4, AT4 and NLAW are the global benchmarks for mobile infantry firepower. They are constantly evolving to defeat new threats and keep your soldiers one step ahead.
– Command, Control and Communications. Air Forces rely on 9Air C4I as the heart of their netcentric capabilities. Navies rely on the 9LV combat management system to defend any kind of naval platform. Meanwhile Saab’s new DeployNet system provides modern, ruggedized 5G communications for military and crisis situations.
– Training and Simulation. Saab offers a full suite of solutions within the live, virtual and constructive training domains, combined with in-depth knowledge to plan, integrate and execute mission-specific training solutions for all.
by Andrew Drwiega